You know the drill for the board members:
- Pledge of Allegiance and a moment of silence.
- Roll call.
- Listen to the beefs of a few members of the public with a concerned look.
- Rubber stamp the Consent Calendar and whatever else the staff recommends.
- Tonight the board will unanimously approve raises for the superintendent and deputy super after letting everyone know what a great job they’re doing as evidenced by the State of the Schools video which showed how great everything is even though it did not offer any data at all about academic improvement.
- Listen to staff reports that rarely offer any data on whether a program is working.
- Tell everyone how busy you were and avoid any discussion of how to improve academic performance at Costa Mesa’s schools.
- Go home.
Lather. Rinse. Repeat.